Online Banking Dos and Don’ts
- Use strong passwords/PIN/Pattern to protect your phone.
- Register for SMS alerts.
- Memorize your banking credentials & keep them confidential.
- Securely clear all personal/sensitive information from your mobile device before discarding it.
- Inform the bank immediately if your account or account details are compromised.
- Review your account statements frequently to check for any unauthorized transactions.
- Before confirming any online transaction, check again to ensure the entered values are correct on the confirmation screen before confirming.
- Don’t store any login information on your mobile device.
- Don’t install applications from untrustworthy or unauthorized developers/online App stores.
- Don’t click on links embedded in emails/social networking sites claiming to be from the bank or representing the bank.
- Never use public Wi-Fi to access mobile banking or any sensitive personal information.
- Don’t save and don’t share messages from your bank containing passwords or any other credentials.
- Don’t forget to inform the bank of changes in your mobile number to ensure that SMS notifications are not sent to someone else.
- Be careful about the websites you are browsing, if it does not look authentic, do not download anything from it.
- Be cautious while accepting offers such as caller/dialer tunes, lotteries or open/download emails or attachments from the known or unknown sources.
- Don’t provide any financial credentials over phone or email, Bank will never ask for it over phone or email.
- Do not leave your login session open after you are done with your tasks. Always log out of the session.